Sunday 5 January 2014

The Prophetic Sandal

Upon this universe’s head is the sandal of Muhammad
It has ascended, thus all of creation is beneath its silhouette
At Tur Musa was addressed with “Cast off” whereas Ahmad
Despite proximity wasn’t directed to remove his sandals
A likeness representing a sandal of the noblest of prophetic messengers
Wishing for the place of its dust are the loftiest stars
As co-wives to it, are all the seven heavens altogether
Jealous and envious, as are the crowns of kings
The likeness of the sandal of the Chosen one; it has no parity
For my soul it is solace, for my eye antimony
How noble it is! An impression of a revered sandal
For it, every head wishes it was a foot
Since I realised the passage of time wages war on mortals
I made for myself its master’s sandal a stronghold
I fortified myself in its wonderful likeness
In an impenetrable enclosure I attained in its shade, safety
Verily I have served the likeness of the Chosen One’s sandal
That I live in both worlds beneath its shade
Ibn Mas’ud became felicitous by serving his sandal
And I am felicitous by my serving its likeness
Upon this universe’s head is the sandal of Muhammad
(Allah bless him and grant him peace)
by Imam Yusuf al-Nabahani

No comments: